Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: PyArch status update

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: PyArch status update
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:43:34 +0100

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:35:51PM -0500, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> I am very excited to hear about PyArch progress.  I offer my services to
> help if I can.

I really appreciate you volunteering :)

As I tried to make it clear in the previous message, where I think help
is really needed right now is the test suite. New advanced features will
tend to roll in naturally, as people scratch their own itch, but making
a really high quality python-tla binding library requires an extensive
test suite, and that is a time consuming task which is nobody's own
itch.

I would really like if you could write more test cases, and improve the
binding features where needed for test cases, so it becomes possible to
create test archives, commit, tag and merge. At this point we'll have
all the building blocks to make good test cases for Version.iter_merges
and (future?) ArchSourceTree.iter_missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
                                                            -- ddaa