Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New aba command: revert, name clash with tlash

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New aba command: revert, name clash with tlash
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:21:20 +0100

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 03:33:26PM +0000, Robin Green wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 10:26:56AM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> > From your description, I'm not sure I understand; how does it differ
> > from "tla undo revision?"
>
> tla undo revision deletes the patch logs of patches being undone. I
> don't want that, because then I can't directly commit.

"revert" is already the name of a tlash alias for "tla replay --reverse"
which is IMHO very handy and natural.

Eventually aba subcommands will be usable from tlash in the same way as
tla subommands (without the wrapper name), maybe you could change the name
of your command, or propose a better alias for "tla replay --reverse"?

Since I do not know what your command does precisely, I can hardly
propose something... maybe undo-nolog, or "undo -l" / "undo --no-log",
meaning undo but does not touch patchlogs?

BTW, an outstanding issue with tla is the ability ignore the patchlog
part of (non-pathological) changesets, or apply only the patchlog part.
That would effect several commands, at least "changeset",
"apply-changeset", "replay", "changes", and maybe also "undo", "redo",
"apply-delta", etc.

I remember that was previously discussed with Tom here (as part of a
"how do I reject a patch" discussion) and he seemed to agree with basic
idea.

--
                                                            -- ddaa