Re: [Gnu-arch-users] transactions over config

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] transactions over config
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:41:27 -0800

Milan Cvetkovic wrote:

Hi,

I have not tried the config-spec feature of tla, but I would like to ask question before I do:

If I split my project into two smaller subprojects, say:

top_project
  utillib
  thetool

(thetool uses utillib)

Then, I make a modification in a header file in utillib in such a way that for example a function takes one more parameter.

If this function is used it "thetool", I would also modify the code which uses the function in "thetool" so it passes one more parameter.

The question is, can I commit using one transaction acros multiple subprojects?

What is "one transaction"? You have to commit each tree. You could write a very simple script to make it one command, however.

Bob