Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Managing changes to projects that use autoconf/auto

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Managing changes to projects that use autoconf/automake with tla
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:00:32 +1000

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 01:45, Parker, Ron wrote:
> I was wondering how Tom and others handled their local commits to projects
> that utilize automake and autoconf.

I mark the generated files precious. If I have a need for a branch with
the generated files in, I make it a stub branch - i.e. a 'distributed'
branch, and in that branch have the naming conventions changed & the
generated files added. I find it easier though to just use make dist
when making releases with the generated files.

Rob