Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: WebDAV

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: WebDAV
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:32:29 -0400

Colin Walters wrote:
On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 11:56, Aaron Bentley wrote:

Yet another instance where security is not simple.

I don't think anyone ever claimed security was simple.

Eric Johansson seems to think it could be simpler.

I think "sftp" is a misleading name, since ftp doesn't permit remote command execution. Absent a secure shell, sftp is less secure in some ways.

That's what rssh fixes; SELinux and my policy make it much more secure.

That's not really a response to "Absent a secure shell, sftp is less secure in some ways." I know about rssh, and it's good that sftp can be secured. It's bad that it's not secure by default.

Aaron