Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Faster equivalent to 'tla file-diff | patch -R -o .

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Faster equivalent to 'tla file-diff | patch -R -o ...'
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:02:58 +0200

> I'd like  to tell arch  to stop at  the first step, just  retrieve the
> file, and dump it on its standard output or in a temp file.
>
> (I  need this  for  the integration  of  ediff in  xtla.el, the  Emacs
> front-end to tla)
>
> Is this possible ?

I think you're looking for tla file-find (or library-find, I'm not
entirely sure what's the difference between them, except that file-find
has a default revision, and library-find does not).

These give you a location of the file in one of the libraries/pristine
trees/whatever, which you can copy wherever you want, or slurp it into
memory, etc...

HTH,
--
Gergely NAgy