Re: [Gnu-arch-users] macosx specific problem

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] macosx specific problem
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:51:49 -0400

Dustin Sallings wrote:

On Apr 10, 2004, at 13:11, Aaron Bentley wrote:

You can't have two files with the same name, but with a different case in HFS.

What I've heard is that you can only have two files with the same name if you specifically set up the filesystem that way at creation time.

Right, there's also UFS, but this problem appears to be a case insensitive filesystem. My guess is that one of them was added by mistake.

Actually, it seems that filesystems can be converted to case-sensitive even after creation. Anyhow, I didn't want it to seem that tla can't work on Mac OS X.

I've put up a page called "Filesystem Considerations" on the wiki. It describes the pros/cons of the filesystems I know about.

Aaron