Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Possible source of my problems

From: David Snopek
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Possible source of my problems
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:31:06 -0500 (CDT)

David Snopek said:
> I think I have found the potential source (or maybe another symptom) of my
> problems.  I did a "tla replay" on my home machine (Gentoo GNU/Linux) and
> made some changes.  I wanted to see what files I changed before commit
> (maybe 4 or 5 of them) so I did "tla changes".  The output is posted
> below, but tla seems to believe that I added/removed/moved all of my
> source tree!  And no, I didn't do any "find" operations, mess with the
> archive, or anything weird.  It was just replay, edit and then changes.  I
> am afraid to actually commit this because I think it'll make another patch
> that won't commit when I get to a different machine.  Please help!

Ok, I did some more tests and found something really, really weird.  I
wanted to see if I could patch a freshly 'gotten' tree inorder to commit.
So:

address@hidden prj $ tla get
address@hidden/xmldoom--mainline--0.0 xmldoom.test
address@hidden's password:
* from pristine cache:
address@hidden/xmldoom--mainline--0.0--patch-6
* making pristine copy
* tree version set address@hidden/xmldoom--mainline--0.0

I looked at what it put in xmldoom.test and it isn't the right code!!
This is at least several weeks old.  I'm thinking that this 'pristine
cache' is out of date.  So where is it and how can I clean it?

Thank you.
  -- David Snopek

Satellite Computing Solutions, LLC