Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Selected files commit

From: Jean Helou
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Selected files commit
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:17:17 +0200

Matthieu Moy wrote:

That's where  it goes  beyond the  scope of Emacs:  I was  thinking of
creating a file, like ++commit-files  containing the list of files for
the next selected  commit. In the presence of  this file, "tla commit"
would become equivalent to
tla commit -- `cat ++commit-files`

This last command can also be done by  :
tla commit --file-list FILE
as per the online documentation :
--file-list FILE  commit only changes to files listed in FILE

I  can implement  that in  xtla,  but this  could also  be usefull  to
non-xtla users, and could be used by other tla front-ends, so, why not
implementing this in tla itself ...

I don't think this belongs to tla proper (apart from being able to take a file list as an argument to commit which is there already). This is typically better handled in [ixe]tla. I understand that tla shouldn't implement interactivity, only core atomic operations.

What do you thing about this?  (That's just an idea, you're allowed to
say it's totally stupid if you argument ;-)
As an interface to extend tla this sounds good.

What do you expect from a  tla front-end for selected files commit, as
a user?
That it be graphical, simple and easy to use, and easy to reuse in another project. But that's just me :)

Jean