Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Premi ères impression s au sujet de arch (forgive m

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Premi ères impression s au sujet de arch (forgive me to post this in french)
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 23:13:54 +0100

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 06:10:49PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> Sorry, I don't understand how the second paragraph follows from the
> first?  Is it because you might want to shut down the first archive
> after someone else takes over?

OK, I think you're right: tagging is revision-based, not whole-archive-based,
so my reasoning was bad.

I did it this way soon after I first started using arch, because I
wasn't quite sure how archive transferral of ownership would work and I
wanted to be safe. But after a couple minutes thought, it seems my
initial fears were groundless.

The mirroring reason is a valid reason to have one archive per project.
--
Robin