Re: [Gnu-arch-users] duplicate terms for the same things

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] duplicate terms for the same things
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 16:13:16 +1000

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 10:52:39PM +0200, William Dode said
> address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
>
> > In lists.arch.users, you wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Like you know, we're currently translating the tutorial in french (see the
> >> wiki pages). And i see that there is a lot of duplicate terms for sames
> >> things.
> >> patch, changeset, patch-set...
> >> and even for commands : changes, what-changed, changeset, mkpatch...
> >> It's difficult to be sure that it's really the same things or not.
> >> It will help us if someone could write a page on the wiki to show wich
> >> commands and terms are *exactly* the sames.
> >
> > Any command that doesn't say that it is an alias of another command is a
> > real command. For your reference, the commands that are just aliases for
> > other commands are:
> >
> >                          add : (alias for add-id)
> >                       delete : (alias for delete-id)
> >                         move : (alias for move-id)
> >                   default-id : (alias for explicit-default)
> >                      mkpatch : (alias for changeset)
> >                      dopatch : (alias for apply-changeset)
>
> changes & what-changed ?

what-changed is the old name for "changes".  what-changed does not
appear to be in the output of "tla help" anymore, either.

--
Rob Weir <address@hidden> | address@hidden  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:          red noise TWA rail gun CID Kosovo MD2 csim terrorist