[Gnu-arch-users] Re: abrowse and rbrowse (what rbrowse has that abrowse

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: abrowse and rbrowse (what rbrowse has that abrowse doesn't)
Date: 19 May 2004 14:39:11 +0900

address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
> > Well, to be fair, you don't actually _know_ that, do you?
>
> Is there some significant point that you're trying to make, are you
> trolling, or what?

No I'm not trolling.  Please don't be so sensitive; I know it's annoying
to have to answer all sorts of dumb questions about your stuff, and be
asked to justify what may seem perfectly obvious to you, but it's the
way things work, and I think there are good reasons for it.  I am not
posting to piss you off, I posting to clarify what are unsettled issues
in my mind.

[I get hugely exasperated by exactly the same thing, when people posit
what seem to be to be absurdly misinformed objections to some feature
I'm trying to add, but I grit my teeth and put up with it as best I can,
because I know I'm sometimes going to be the one objecting.  Often I end
up simply giving up, not because I believe in my position any less, but
because the effort of defending it is simply too great -- and this is
sad, but I know no real way around it.]

-Miles