[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-update-ids lacks support for filenames with spa

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-update-ids lacks support for filenames with spaces
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:22:49 -0500

On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:03:21 -0400, Miles Bader wrote:
> Are you saying that one must use --unescaped or else output will be escaped?
> [In other words tla uses _different_ conventions for input and output?]

I think it's pretty damn broken myself -- but yes, such is the case. (I'm
almost pondering switching from shell to pyarch as my default mechanism
for writing toolage, as it should be trivial to modify (if not already
done) to properly to unescaping at that layer without losing data (whereas
with shell, the Easy Way Out [use of --unescaped] fails if someone is evil
enough to have filenames with carriage returns).