Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] apply-delta target directory

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] apply-delta target directory
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:52:32 -0400

David Allouche wrote:
"tla apply-delta REV-A REV-B" applies the delta changeset to the current
directory, not the tree-root.

Yeah, I thought that was odd behaviour too. I wasn't sure if there was some reasonable reason for behaving this way, though of course, scripts like aba change-version can avoid this by manually specifying the tree root.

It comes down to the two-faced nature of delta. If you run delta in a non-Arch tree, it will compare to the current directory. If you run delta in an arch tree, it will compare to the tree-root.

Given that behaviour, I guess it's reasonable to expect apply-delta to behave the same way. If people really want to apply the changeset to the wrong directory, they can use delta and apply-changeset.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology