Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparato

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 10:45:49 -0400

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 07:01, address@hidden wrote:

> You miss one major point. It's been mentioned by Miles already. What
> about compatibility with other apps and wrappers around tla? Some
> functions will break if {arch} doesn't exist any more.

My growing feeling about this is that if any apps or wrappers do, they
are buggy.  You want to find the tree root?  Use "tla tree-root".  Want
to find out the tagging method?  "tla tagging-method".  See all the
patch logs? "tla logs --merges".

> How should it be customizeable? Should the dir name be compiled into
> tla?

I think it will be say ~/.arch-params/default-project-tree-version.

> With per-user you get the problem that user A
> migth not be able to do anything on a wd of user B, if their dir-names
> differ. He can't even do a simple tla changes or anything like that. It
> might still be the best option though.

Yes.  But I think the case of two users who are using different versions
of tla but sharing a working directory would be quite uncommon, if it
would ever really happen.