Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:34:15 +0200

* Cameron Patrick:

> I /think/ the complaint was that arch is enforcing unnecessary
> structure on version/branch names.  Sometimes that structure is good,
> sometimes it's bad.

arch enforces structure, it even assigns different names to the
components, but except for the version, they are treated mostly in the
same way.  In some way, it's a three-level directory hierarchy with a
lot of strings attached.  That's just a bit weired.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: bigpond.com, di-ve.com, fuorissimo.com, hotmail.com,