Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues

From: Michael Poole
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:46:36 -0400

Florian Weimer writes:

>>> I'd love to look at a project which uses tla, hasn't got a designated
>>> patch integrator, and has a significant changeset creation rate.
>>
>> Define "significant".
>
> More than 1200 changesets per month.

Surely you jest.  How many projects in the world have that kind of
changeset rate?

I am not even sure that gcc has that many, although Linux probably
does.  Out of the ten most active SourceForge projects, seven seem to
use CVS there.  None of them have a commit rate anywhere near that
high[1]: the closest is under 600 commits per month, followed by 250
commits per month and 160 commits per month.

[1] gaim has 13529 commits in 4.5 years, azureus has 605 in one year,
eGroupWare has 1082 in one year, phpMyAdmin has 19986 in 3 years,
winmerge has 1247 in 3.5 years, xoops has 4915 in 2.5 years, and
TightVNC has 918 in 4 years.

Michael