Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GCC v. Arch address@hidden: Regressions on mainline

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GCC v. Arch address@hidden: Regressions on mainline]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:37:39 -0400

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 12:16 -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

> Polish,

Yeah.

> some basic configurability

I'm looking for more specifics than that :)

>  and security features,

I'm not sure what more there is to do in the area of security, unless we
made it into a server that listened on a TCP port instead of using email
as a transport.

>  and bundling
> with arch.

With tla, you mean :)  (trying to keep our terminology straight)

> For something like GCC, integration with higher-level
> tools for personal-archive and project-tree management including
> making it easy to form new branches, have pqm mail sent to the right
> places automatically, be able to quickly and easily reconfigure on the
> occaision of things like upstream version or revision cycling, the
> ability to signature check messages to the pqm before acting upon
> them, finer grained access control w/in pqm based on known signatures
> and associated rights, teaching it more merge techniques and making
> those nicely configurable.....

That's more concrete.  Yeah, I'd like to have gpg keyid based access
control.  More merge techniques would also be interesting.

>       fork            (make local archives/branches)
>         get
>         checkpoint    (local commit)
>         pull          (merge from upstream)
>         push          (submit to upstream)
>         status                (general reporting of what's going on)

Sounds good to me.