Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:36:22 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > The story you quoted actually reminds me of another quote:

    > "Get a shot off FAST. This upsets him long enough to let you make your
    > second shot perfect." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Yes, that attitude shows in his writing.  :-)

    > In the story, Kim shoots first, without even using a gun.

Not in any useful sense, no he doesn't.

Of course, in the actual story, he also dies on that spot:

        "BANG! YOU'RE *DEAD*"

      Mike clutches his chest and crumples forward in a child's
      game.

        "WHAT THE FU--" Someone slaps Kim very hard on the
      back, knocking the word out.  Kim *hates* being slapped
      on the back.  He turns in angry protest ... blood in his
      mouth ... can't turn .. the sky darkens and goes out.