[Gnu-arch-users] furth/arch for dummies

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] furth/arch for dummies
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:33:27 -0500

Maybe I could develop an appreciation for this furth/arch stuff
if I was shown what a new command definition for tla would look
like using furth.  So, instead of what I have now, which is an
undocumented, ad-hoc, assumption filled script for finding
missing patches which touch file X:

#!/bin/sh

version="$1"
file="$2"

patches=`tla missing $version`

for patch in $patches; do
  if [ ! -e ,,$patch ]; then
    tla get-changeset $version--$patch ,,$patch
  fi
done

for cs in ,,patch-*; do
  tla show-changeset $cs | grep $file > ,out
  if [ -s ,out ]; then
    echo $cs
  fi
done

rm ,out

If furth came to fruition, I would do what instead?  Or isn't
this at all what furth is for?  (I'm thinking emacs:elisp as
tla:furth.  Maybe that's wrong.)

Bob