Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:16:17 -0700 (PDT)

       I have most of the other pieces either in mind or on hand. My
       current low-level plan is to have something like
       address@hidden/tla-merges--merge-xx--0
       be a copy of the merge. What I don't have is an method for
       submitters to describe how to construct that branch, or any
       really good ideas about how to do it.

Entertain the hypothesis that all merge requests are submitted in the
form "the latest revison in submission branch $foo".

Then, client-side, convenience commands for things like:

        ~ "half" a star-merge -- perpare the submission that
          would result from a star-merge from me

        ~ "half" a replay -- prepare the submission that would
           result from a replay (arbitrary command line) from me

        ~ "here's a tree" -- i did the merge myself, client-side,
          by hand: turn this tree into a submission.  (Also the
          fallback when other methods have conflicts during the
          half-merge.)