[Gnu-arch-users] Non-nested tree-root tests

From: Ron Parker
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Non-nested tree-root tests
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:41:18 -0500

I am working on the initial short-path support for init-tree. Along
the way I am writing tests for various things.  In particular, I
prefer to write regression tests for failure cases before correcting
them.

I wrote my test and added it to test-inventory.sh, only to have it
succeed. I did some digging and discovered that the code causing the
failure is only reached if the tree-root is not nested.  Since all of
the tests are run in a nested directory, I cannot write a script that
currently fails.

While I don't use them, I was trying to validate my code against
branchless archives and inventory is misreporting the version-level
directory in {arch} as "U?".

Any suggestions on how to run an init-tree that is not --nested from a
tla test? I ask because I also expect some issues with tree-lint that
I want to test.

So far I am amazed at how clean the tla code is and how easy it is to modify it.