Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] _happy_ poltical things

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] _happy_ poltical things
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:42:39 +0900

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

    Tom> Maybe this is just Stephen-bait

Nope, I just lost my appetite entirely.  :-)

Well, OK, just a nibble.  I will admit to having my own fantasy (much
less ambitious than your plank #3 since it involves already being in
wherever the next one is), in which a lot more resources are devoted
to training local police and protecting small business owners and
residents from looters and terrorists, less to searching out bad guys
and securing "strategic assets" on behalf of clients, and rules of
engagement are dramatically tighter in civilian areas.  (I'm sure
Pierce will come up with cites that say that they already are tight as
a drum, but this is a fantasy, remember?)  And maybe that some
resources will be devoted in to preserving cultural assets from the
(inevitable) looting.