Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla on win32

From: Jim Lynch
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla on win32
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:52:07 -0700

Hi Lode and *,

I had some questions...

First (to Lode only), did you know tla-1.2.1 was released this month?
It's available at...

    http://release.gnuarch.org/tla-1.2/1.2.1/

Second, I was interested in getting your tla version from a tla, so
I was wondering if you'd provide the physical location of the archive
you're using to track its development? Mirror or http: is fine; I'm
not interested in writing to it.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:06:55 +0200 (CEST)
address@hidden wrote:

> Tom,
>
> what is the current future for tla on win32?
>
> After you requested a summary of the status of the various
> efforts, I've seen some replies about who-is-doing-what,
> but we haven't heard anything from you on the list...
>
> could you shed some light on what your opinion is
> about tla on win32?

I'm not Tom of course, but iirc, tla was never designed/meant to build
on non-posix systems. (Whether that's an advantage or disadvantage is up
to the reader :) So the question you're asking really boils down to
"Does Tom want to maintain a version of tla meant to add compatibility
with win32?" which is a question I can't field. But I would ask, what's
wrong with using cygwin?