[Gnu-arch-users] Re: BUG: extra diff arguments for "tla changes --diffs"

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: BUG: extra diff arguments for "tla changes --diffs"]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:06:10 +0900

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:
> Since tla changes --diffs works by calcuating a changeset and then then
> printing the contents of the diff files to stdout, this would require
> producing a changeset with non-standard contents.  I'm not entirely
> opposed to this, but it would need to be done carefully.
>
> If extra parameters are supplied to diff, it must not be possible to
> apply the resulting changeset.

Huh?  Why?  Such "differently diffed" changesets should apply just fine
in most cases (as long as the resulting diffs are still context or
unified diffs), and could be quite useful (e.g., whitespace-ignoring
options).

Of course you probably don't want the changesets committed to a branch
to use  weird options, but for use with "tla apply-changeset" or
whatever, they seem absolutely fine.

-Miles
--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]