[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes -H

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes -H
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:47:09 +1000

It looks like my comment might apply to many tla commands, eg, from the
first page of arch meets hello world:

$ tla my-id -H
print or change your id
usage: tla my-id [options] [id]

  -h, --help     Display a help message and exit.
  -H             Display a verbose help message and exit.
  -V, --version  Display a release identifier string
                 and exit.
  -e, --errname  specify program name for errors
  -u, --uid      print only the UID portion of the ID

With no argument print your arch id.

With an argument, record ID-STRING as your id
in ~/.arch-params/=id

Here, we have ID-STRING, but no mention of ID-STRING or id-string in the
usage: line, or in the options descriptions.

(I was a technical writer for a couple of years, so I can't help myself
when little things like this pop up - particularly when I'm learning
something - I just feel compelled to pass on my observations.)

ta
zen