Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tla spork

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tla spork
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:37:32 -0500

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> Let's get in the first few rounds of ~/.arch-params hacking from
> Matthew.  (A few weeks.)

Btw, anyone interested in seeing progress on hats foo can take a look
at address@hidden/tla--hats--1.3.  The latest revision
supports creating and destroying hats via 'tla make-hat', listing and
searching hats with 'tla hats', setting a default hat with 'tla
my-default-hat', and overriding the default hat in my commands with a
--hat parameter.

Currently, hats support overriding the default id used in patch logs
etc.  To set a hat's id use 'tla my-id --hat $HAT $ID'.

Behind the scenes, hats are implemented as directories in
~/.arch-params/hats/ and individual ids are stored in
~/.arch-params/hats/$HAT/id.  If no hat is set as the default and no
--hat parameter is used, then ~/.arch-params/=id is used instead.