Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla help" enhancement request

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla help" enhancement request
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:55:06 -0400

Zenaan:

Aaaggghhh! Stop!

You're help is very, very useful, but you're flooding the process.

I have a suggestion:

1. Write down all of these suggestions (and I do mean _all_ of them).

2. Get with me (preferably on irc), and we'll do some pair programming. We can
probably zip right down the list, and implement a lot of them on the
fly.

Zenaan wrote:
> Here's a recommendation:
>
> only indent the commands the minimum amount required such that all
> commands line up (right aligned, at the ":").
> Currently, there is excess space to the left, and so even in my
> terminals that are set to 100 chars wide, some of the commands in "tla
> help" wrap, making for an ugly output.
>
> Is this an easy thing to change?
>
> Is it likely to change?

There's a fix in the pipeline for this.