Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:16:12 -0500

Charles Duffy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 16:42, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> >
>> > Why can't you do this?
>>
>> Because of the fact that I can't do so without either distcleaning or
>> changing the tagging-method? Changing the default tagging-method is,
>> BTW, hardly trivial.
>
> You shouldn't need to change the tagging method at all -- just a few of
> the inventory rules. A .arch-inventory file specifying that your
> generated files are backup (or similar) would also seem a quite
> straightforward solution.

Why's that even necessary?  Why not write some a tla wrapper script
that detects when you're running it from $BUILD_DIR/$SUB_DIR and first
cd's to $SRC_DIR/$SUB_DIR?  Or (what I've chosen to do) write a build
script that first changes to the appropriate build directory before
running any of your build commands.