Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: BUG: extra diff arguments for "tla changes --di

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: BUG: extra diff arguments for "tla changes --diffs"]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:24:18 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:
What I mean is: since archive changesets are used for inexact patching,
people will want to control archive changesets the same way they control
'changes' output.

Huh?  I don't see any evidence of that.

Earlier, you said:
I do a fair bit of manual application of
changesets (or at least their rejected parts), in which case things like
`-p' could be convenient.  Admittedly, `patch' throws away this info when
generating the .rej files

 The main reason people want options
in `tla changes' is for viewing.

Well, if it's just for viewing, I don't care. You've been arguing that it's useful to be able to apply non-standard changesets, though. If that's true, people might push to be able to commit non-standard changesets also.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology