[Gnu-arch-users] Upcoming release of 1.2.2rc1

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Upcoming release of 1.2.2rc1
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:40:23 -0400

Hi all.

The time quickly approaches for a 1.2.2rc1 release. If you have patches
that you want to see in 1.2.2 and they're not here, then talk to me
quickly.

Some quick notes about whats in here:

  1. There is a test-update testcase that is currently failing. For some
     reason, the test case fails if address@hidden is not registered
     I have no idea how to fix it.

  2. The tag boundary detection code has illuminated some long term tla
     misbehavior that nobody seemed aware of. As such, panicing was too
     strong a step to take, and the panic has been reduced to a warning.

patch-20
    Removing some debugging from cmd-archive-meta-info.c
patch-21
    FD leak in ps_ftp (Cvetkovic)
patch-22
    Prevent double cachreving, and more error reporting for libneon
(Bentley)

    merges in:
      address@hidden/tlasrc--devel--0--patch-25
      address@hidden/tlasrc--devel--0--patch-26
      address@hidden/tlasrc--errors--4--patch-3
      address@hidden/tlasrc--errors--4--patch-4
patch-23
    Added tla update test code
patch-24
    Panic if arch tag crosses first 1k boundary (jblack/lifeless)
patch-25
    Fixing test case for update
patch-26
    Nudge the tla help command to the left (Jivera)

    merges in:
      address@hidden/tla--narrow-help--1.3--base-0
      address@hidden/tla--narrow-help--1.3--patch-1
patch-27
    Unsigned checking for Asuffield (Jivera)

    merges in:
      address@hidden/tla--unsigned-check--1.3--base-0
      address@hidden/tla--unsigned-check--1.3--patch-1
      address@hidden/tla--unsigned-check--1.3--patch-2
      address@hidden/tla--unsigned-check--1.3--patch-3
      address@hidden/tla--unsigned-check--1.3--patch-4
      address@hidden/tla--unsigned-check--1.3--patch-5
patch-28
    I believe the update test is finally working.
patch-29
    Adding grab file description to help
patch-30
    Fixing grab so that it registers the remote archive properly
patch-31
    Merge from Abentley

    merges in:
      address@hidden/tlasrc--devel--0.2--patch-4
      address@hidden/tlasrc--errors--4--patch-6
      address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1--base-0
      address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1--patch-2
      address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1--patch-3
      address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--2--patch-3
      address@hidden/tlasrc--smallstuff--0--patch-2
      address@hidden/tlasrc--submit--1.2.2--base-0
      address@hidden/tlasrc--submit--1.2.2--patch-1
      address@hidden/tlasrc--submit--1.2.2--patch-4
      address@hidden/tlasrc--submit--1.2.2--patch-5
patch-32
    Cleanups from Lord

    merges in:
      address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-30
      address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-31
      address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-32
patch-33
    Changing the truncated tag panic to a warning