Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BUG: extra diff arguments for "tla changes --diffs"

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BUG: extra diff arguments for "tla changes --diffs"]
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:58:17 -0400

Aaron Bentley wrote:

Since tla changes --diffs works by calcuating a changeset and then then printing the contents of the diff files to stdout, this would require producing a changeset with non-standard contents. I'm not entirely opposed to this, but it would need to be done carefully.

I missed the obvious; --diffs works that way *at present*, but there's no reason it *must* work that way. An alternative implementation could use the presence of .patch files to determine which files should be shown, and then generate new diffs directly to the screen.

I've implemented this in Fai as "changes --diffopts". Of course, it only works when you have access to both directories which produced the changeset.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology