gnu-arch-users

Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Features command for arch

From: tomas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Features command for arch
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:47:35 +0200

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 07:50:59PM -0500, Robert Anderson wrote:

[Features as a cached result of a config run]

Actually, there's another thread proposing something similar
(focussed from a slightly different --to me more appealing--
point of view: features as assertions you check against actual
tests at some test time).

> >And if you resort to running the tests on every run that would
> just make
> >the thing unusably slow.
>
> Of course it would.  That's why you wouldn't do that.
>
> >And by the way, how do you detect that "a different tla is being
> run"?
> >Compute a md5 hash of the binary?
>
> Sure, why not.

There's one thing I miss in this thread. Some day tla might be
extensible. You might have to include a whole set of
``/usr/share/lib/tla2.5/pika'' trees in your md5-summing, right?

Regards
-- tomás