[Gnu-arch-users] Re: s/GMT/UTC/

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: s/GMT/UTC/
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:18:48 +0900

Jeremy Shaw <address@hidden> writes:
> Some people feel that the current time stamps are nearly worthless and
> should be removed altogether. I think this is a bit extreme, but it
> would prevent someone from mistakenly believing the timestamps can be
> trusted to any degree. (And it would 'fix' one of the rfc2822
> incompatabilities).

Note that the header name is "Date:", not "Precision-Timestamp:", and is
of course very useful as such -- think "hmmm, this shit was comin' down
in late september, what changesets are there from around then?".

[Did somebody really suggest this header is "nearly worthless and should
be removed altogether"?  Have they actually ever used arch?!?]

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research