Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla 1.2.2rc1 doesn't accept {arch}/=partner-v

From: Harald Meland
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla 1.2.2rc1 doesn't accept {arch}/=partner-versions file.
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 20:25:13 +0200

[Matthieu Moy]

> Is this intentional?

I think so; as I understand it, everything under {arch} is in effect
using the 'names' id-tagging-method, implying that explicit id files
could cause confusion as to what the real file-id of a file is.

> If so, the error message should be more explicit.  Otherwise,
> ... well, there's a bug ;-) !

Well, maybe the error message could be clearer -- do you have any
suggestions on what it should be?  However, to me it seems kind of
strange that

  tla add {arch}/foo

doesn't protest in any way; maybe any attempt to add anything with a
path component that matches the 'exclude' regexp in
{arch}/=tagging-method should give some kind of warning?
--
Harald