Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Star-merge Fatally Wounded

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Star-merge Fatally Wounded
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:24:20 +1000

> And please don't try to monopolize my attention.

Offlist doesn't count here.

On-list, I think you did a very good job in rebutting and clarifying
the points raised. And that's a useful and necessary thing that
sometimes (when you don't have time) you leave to others and possibly
get back to later on.

I have no idea the full reasons this comment was made - I suspect
you're pretty busy etc at the moment.

The discussion seemed really on topic, for me as someone who is just
starting out attempting to use tla in a work environment. I do perhaps
need to learn some more about mergin though... at least I now know
that I want to try to avoid this sort of locking problem, and really
get to grok star-merge lest it cause me a significant delay at
exactly the wrong moment (like just before a release is due).

So, thanks for the responses.

regards
zenaan