Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla commands for daily use

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla commands for daily use
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:00:19 +0200

David Allouche <address@hidden> writes:

> Gawd! Someone actually asking for wishlist items! Let's give him
> hell! ;-)

Please do !

I've put it back in Cc. Feel free to remove gnu-arch-users if you
continue the tread)

We are also starting to use our gna.org bug/task tracker. That's a
good place to add new items or discuss the existing.

> I mostly use xtla for auditing changes, and especially for the ediff
> integration. I would like if there was a simple way to see changes than
> "C-x T i <wait> =".

Will "C-x T =" do ?

,----[ C-h v tla-changes-recursive RET ]

`----

> Also, the unfolded inventory listing is a bit incovenient with big
> trees. I'm not sure what would be the right way to fix that while
> retaining the convience of unfolded listing for smaller trees.

For this, we would need support from tla itself: I don't know any way
to make a non-recursive "tla inventory". We could hide the
subdirectories, but computing tla-inventory would still be as slow.

Anyway, I put that in the TODO list:

https://gna.org/task/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=752

,----[ C-h v tla-switch-to-buffer-mode RET ]

`----

> Ediff rocks! I would like to be able to view the changes between two
> revisions/trees with the same interface as "C-x T i =".

Does M-x tla-delta RET do what you expect?

https://gna.org/task/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=753

> Editing =tagging-method. Last time I tried, opening a =tagging-method
> file via "C-x C-f" caused a lisp exception and did not show the buffer.
> If I tried again to open the same file it would display an expected.

I've fixed that a few days ago.

> Quick commits. Generally, I commit with -s from the shell, just after
> running a test suite. It would be nice to have something equally
> convenient in xtla. Typing "C-x T i c <summary> C-end C-return C-c C-c"
> is too much for me.

I strongly recommend running tla-changes before committing. Then, you
should type

C-x T =
<review patch>
<summary>
C-c C-c

Otherwise, just C-x T C <summary> C-c C-c.

You can customize `tla-prefix-key' if 'C-x T' is too long to type.

>         tla commit -s "merge with dogpile"

In xtla, in the log buffer, you have C-u C-c C-m (we should find
something shorter) to generate the summary line and the body
automatically for merges (it calls tla log-for-merge).

> And stuff like that... I think I covered the most common commands.

Thanks for the feedback, and hope you'll enjoy xtla even more with
these advices ;-)

--
Matthieu