Re: [Gnu-arch-users] botched invariant

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] botched invariant
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:35:09 -0500

James Blackwell wrote:
John Meinel wrote:

Yeah. This invariant is in the library code, looking for an ancestor
revision in the library. That leads me to a (possibly oversimplified)
conclusion that your library is pooched somehow.

Well, I removed the category, and I started to get a different error.

* patching for revision: address@hidden/mifar-pocky--dev--0.7--patch-69
PANIC: conflict applying patch in arch_build_revision

So as it turns out, somehow I managed to commit a conflicting patch. If I ever check out patch-68, and then try to apply patch-69, it causes a conflict.

Any idea how this could have happened? Is it possible that it would be a corrupt revision library, such that when I commit a new change, it isn't comparing to the correct 'pristine' tree.

I'm assuming I don't have too much of a choice as far as ever correcting the archive. It is just a true pain that you can't actually do a linear checkout anymore. Since I have a couple local mirrors of this tree, and eventually it ends up on sourcecontrol, I probably can't do much about it other than starting a new branch and warning people away from this one.

Any other ideas?
John
=:->