Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option argu

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option argument
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:53:15 +0200

On Monday, September 13, 2004 at 12:01:35 AM,
    Tom Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

>     > From: "Tobias C. Rittweiler" <address@hidden>
>
>     > On Sunday, September 12, 2004 at 12:30:17 AM,
>     >     Yann Droneaud <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     > > (And a '--file-list' without argument or '--file-list -' that read
>     > > standard input could be handy too: i will try to propose a patch for
>     > > that ).
>
>     > Some systems provide a /dev/stdio device which you can use for that.
>     > It's non-portable though.
>
> Such conventions can be layered portably on minimal Posix by using the
> file namespace hacks in the vu_ modules.

Actually, my intention was to say that there may be a kludge good enough
for Yann's purpose as long as he doesn't require any real portability
(like for homebrewn scripts), so that he doesn't necessarily need to
hack tla.

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''