Re: [Gnu-arch-users] libpatch hack WAS: --forward mostly harmless

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] libpatch hack WAS: --forward mostly harmless
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:34:39 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> In my opinion is that almost any application should be a library and the
> commandline frontend should be just a generic driver like (schematic
> code):
>
> [...]
>
> Well, long way to make such happen.

Is it so hard to write a wrapper for exec(2) to do roughly the same
thing?  What's gained by turning binaries into libraries this way?

(Note I'm not arguing against libraries with a good abstraction
barrier, etc. just don't see the point in turning every binary into
the same front end to a different library.)