Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/O error
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:08:19 -0400

Robin Farine wrote:

> The locations would would be passed explicitly, e.g.
>
>  tla archive-mirror http://... sftp://....
>
> archive-mirror would just have verify that the destination is
> actually a mirror of the source archive (the source location can be
> a mirror as well).

I disagree. I'm much more capable of remembering
tla archive-mirror address@hidden \
  address@hidden

Rather than
tla archive-mirror address@hidden \
  address@hidden/home/jblack/archives/address@hidden

And actually, with a hook script like the following, I don't need to
remember either of them. :)

#!/bin/sh

if [ -e /home/jblack/NOHOOK ]; then
  echo "Not hooking because of NOHOOK";
  exit 0;
fi

case "$1" in
  commit)
    case "$ARCH_ARCHIVE" in
      address@hidden)
        address@hidden
        tla archive-mirror $ARCH_ARCHIVE > /dev/null &
        tla archive-mirror $ARCH_ARCHIVE $MIR2 > /dev/null &
      ;;
    esac
  ;;
esac

Meh. Why is it both perl and python both refuse to have switch
statements? That is _so_ braindamaged.