Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla Debian unstable

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla Debian unstable
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:58:38 -0500

Eric Wong wrote:
[...]
You're more than welcome to use my custom packages since it's all under
a Free license but  since I increment versions/epoches out of laziness
(dpkg holds/apt pins are a pain), it could screw up your versioning
system.  I think the tla there is Aaron Bentley's writethrough (since
that's what I'm using right now), but other stuff may break on you and I
don't want that.  Besides, I'm not remotely a DD.

[...]

Speaking of Aaron Bentley's write-through, does Jblack have any plans of merging it into tla stable? This is something I think would be really nice, but it might be too much of a change for jblack's taste. I know I would like to see it, though.

By the way James, I've been using 1.2.2rc2 for a while now, and other than the oddity with my archive (which could have been caused by just many things), I haven't had any problems. Bravo!

John
=:->