Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla tag

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla tag
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:55:11 +1000

> There's some documentation on the Wiki:
>     http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Sealing_20and_20fixing

Thanks guys.

Here's a question: to me base-0 strongly implies that there could
be a base-1, base-2, etc

Similarly for version-0, I would certainly expect version-1, etc.

Yet this doesn't seem to be the case.

If the #n doesn't increase, why have it at all? This I've never
understood.

Finally, that link above uses the phrase "a symbolic version, that
is a version where all revisions are created with tag".

So a symbolic version is one where _all_ revisions are created
with a tag.

I was about to ask if there was a glossary on the wiki,
and found it:
http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Glossary

That is a really useful thing for me - learning curve and all...

Thanks again
Zen