[Gnu-arch-users] tla tag's help text

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla tag's help text
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:49:59 +1000

Currently says in part:

"Create the continuation revision <em>tag-version (branch point or tag)
which is equivalent to <em>source-revision (plus a log entry)."

I have just got it in my head for the first time, that a tag is a
_branch_, not a label (at least, that's what it appears to be by
my reading of the docs).

So, perhaps the description could better read something like this:

"Create the continuation branch <em>tag-version which is equivalent to
<em>source-revision (plus a log entry). The terms tag, continuation,
continuation branch, and revision, are synonymous."

Now, if that description is still not entirely correct, then there
really is room for improvement here... based on the empirical example of
my misunderstanding.

Hope that's useful
Zen

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.