Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla tag's help text

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla tag's help text
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:13:20 +0200

On Friday 17 September 2004 07.49, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> I have just got it in my head for the first time, that a tag is a
> _branch_, not a label (at least, that's what it appears to be by
> my reading of the docs).

Hmmm, saying that a tag is a branch adds fuel to the confusion. In
Arch Repository.

Maybe thinking of 'tag' as an operation rather than as a thing might
help clarifying this. To me, 'tla tag <src-revision>
<dest-version>' means create a new revision in <dest-version> that
references <src-revision>. The usal term for such a revision is
"continuation" which I find more precise than just "tag" (and I
even did not mention inventory tags since they are now called
'ids' ;).

Robin