[Gnu-arch-users] Public mirror

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Public mirror
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 12:21:52 +1000

In my mind is the concept of taking my branch and "make public", so that
my coworker can cherry pick/ merge off my branch, to his heart's
content.

(And vice versa of course, he making his branch public.)

I imagine the simplest way is something like this:

cd ~/public_html
ln -s ~/\{archives\} .

So, I've read on the wiki about something called .listing files. These
seem to be created in "Mirror" archives.

However, is there any reason I must unnecessarily mirror my whole
archive, just to make it public? Can't I just symlink, and somehow
create these .listing files within my main archive?

I suspect I'm still coming up against that asymptotic learning curve
that my mind's x-axis never quite touches :)

TIA
Zen

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.