Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Public mirror

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Public mirror
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:59:19 -0400

Zenaan wrote:
> Sorry, I really am a newbie in some ways - is that "nope, there's no
> reason you must unnecessarily mirror, just symlink", or "nope, you can't
> just symlink, these .listing files are not created automatically"?
>
> I'm guessing the former, since this looks very promising (along with
> "tla archive-fixup -H":

No, you don't have to have two copies of your archives. For example, I
have an archive that I sftp to, that just happens to be available via
http. An archive is an archive is an archive.

The only catch is that if you want http to be able to serve it, you need
the listing files.
>> echo "it sure does" >
>>   /this/archive/address@hidden/=meta-info/http-blows
>
> The bit I guess I don't understand is the echo line.
> It kind of looks like a joke, but I can't tell.

Ok. The important part is that in the archive we have a =meta-info dir.
In the meta-info dir, there are flag files. One of the flag files is
"http-blows". This file instructs tla to make .listing files whenever
you commit. Then, people that try to access your archive with http will
be able to use it.

>> tla archive-fixup -A address@hidden
>
> Do I have to run archive-fixup after every commit (if I want that new
> changeset to appear to those viewing the .listing in my public_html
> symlinked archive)?

After the http-blows file is there, tla will do it for everything new.

The catch is that tla won't do it for old stuff, so you have to run
archive-fixup that one time.

>> You'll have to do this for each archive in {archives}
>
> Thanks for the advice - getting close to that asymptote
> with every email.

pardon?