Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGED: abentley-20]

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGED: abentley-20]
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:51:44 -0400

David Allouche wrote:
On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 16:30 -0400, James Blackwell wrote:

I took patches 1,2 and 4

They enable commit to use the project tree to determine the next revision, instead of the archive. (Unless --force is specified)

Pardon my laziness for not looking at the code, but what does that buy?

It makes the network traffic O(1). People were noticing that commits got slower and slower with huge numbers of revisions.

It is still necessary to compare the last revision according to the tree
and according to the archive to fail on out-of-date trees.

Yes. We check whether the revision we want to create already exists, but that's an O(1) operation.

Aaron