Re: [Gnu-arch-users] State of the Merges

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] State of the Merges
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:22:39 -0400

Aaron Bentley:
>>> A large number of these had already been merged in 1.2.1 and 1.2.2,=
>>> and he was just advising Bug Goo.

>> Also: that's definately something to tighten up (automate) once we're
>> using a PQM.

> Already done, phoad handles all that stuff. That's essentially what it
> is: a PQM layered over bug goo.

I'm sorry Andrew. I'm not planning on using a PQM at this point.

PQMs don't work well right now because of the the crossed-star-merge
edge case.  We''ll have to hold off until somebody can come up
with a good fix for that.

Really all that's needed at this point is a voting system so that I can
put up controversial merge requests and/or merge requests that touch
areas of the code I'm not comfortable evaluating.

> That's no real excuse for being sloppy when doing it by hand though :P

Once its caught up, I'll keep it reasonably caught up.

By the way, it would sure help if there was just a "merge requests"
page, in which I could show all open merge requests.  (Right now, I can
choose between all, unassigned, assigned, pending and closed). That will
assist me in going down the list and continuing to close merge requests
that have already been merged.