[Gnu-arch-users] [BUG]: star-merge merge should result in conflict while

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG]: star-merge merge should result in conflict while it merge file partially succesfully (corrupted sources)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:25:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm using tla-1.2 and while doing experimental star-merge merge I've found
that star-merge merge some files which should result in conflict and in
addition this merge is wrong and in fact should be considered as a source
code corruption (i.e. merge touches C++ method which it should not). When
I try to "manually" simulate star-merge by diffing -u patch-setX
patch-setY and applying this to the problematic file manually I got:

thinkpad:/tmp/test2$ patch < template.h.patch
patching file template.h
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file template.h.rej

and correctly template.h is not touched at all. I have also test this
behaviour with tla-1.2.1 and it's the same (buggy as 1.2). To be precise:
this patch contains two hunk and star-merge produce conflict on the first
hunk and merges "succesfully" the second. The result is corrupted source.

My question is, which parameters are exactly used while executing diff and
patch to try to simulate this exactly.

Thanks,

Karel
--